Quickcure Moulding System (QMS)
Quick, easy, cost effective cable splicing and moulding offsite
In 1997, we developed a CE marked and RoHS compliant field moulding system incorporating a Quickcure Mould Heater, which enables the manufacture of high quality mouldings away from conventional process facilities, using a temperature controlled mould heater and polyurethane elastomer packs.
The QMS includes:
Quickcure Mould Heater (QMH)
- is available in 110V AC and 220V AC versions
- is temperature controlled and dramatically reduces moulding time when compared to moulding at ambient temperatures
- offers better surface finishes
- has been optimised to work with our primers and materials
- design enables it to accept various mould tools and produce cable joints of different sizes (click here to download our 4-slot mould selection guide)
- is available in two versions 4-slot or 1-slot:
Our Quickcure Moulding System produces fast turn-around effective mouldings, and has successfully proved itself within the following industries:
- seismic and geophysical oil and gas exploration
- oceanographic instrumentation production
- seismic surveying for civil construction projects
- marine research
- production of fish farming products
We supply primers and pre-mix polyurethane elastomer packs to ensure optimum performance. Please see the Elastomers webpage for more information.
Consumables for use with the QMS:
- packs of polyurethane elastomers
- our mould release agent, MR-512, is a silicon-based product and is used with the mould tools to ease removal of the cured moulding
- primers to ensure a great bond to the polyurethane elastomer
Please contact the PDM Sales Team to discuss your requirements and needs.