Omicron Fibre Optic Underwater Connector
Low Loss - High Performance - Low Cost
The Omicron fibre optic subsea connector offers excellent value, and is extremely compact, making it suitable for a wide range of different applications. Features include:
- low optical loss (<0.5dB) utilising industry standard self aligning ferrules
- single mode and multi-mode fibre capability
- the standard Omicron body material is stainless steel 316 to BS EN 10088 1.4404
- connectors are rated for operation up to 5000m mated and 4000m bulkhead open face (failsafe situation)
- higher pressure ratings are available on request
These connectors can be terminated to customer specification or supplied for client termination.
- configurations - bulkhead (standard or flange) and inline
- optical loss is <0.5dB at 1310nm or 1550nm
- mating plug is stainless steel 316, naval brass and polyurethane
- pressure (mated) - depth 5000m*
- pressure (open face) - depth 4000m* (failsafe operation)
- manufactured to BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality standards
*increased pressure rating available. Please contact our Sales Team to discuss your requirements.