Fibre Optic and Electrical Underwater Connectors
With more than 10 years' experience in the production of high quality underwater connection systems, we have developed the Omega and Omicron range of low loss fibre optic connectors that offer excellent performance and value.
The Omega fibre optic range
The Omega range of fibre optic underwater connectors offers the very best design features combining electro-optic flexibility, performance, reliability and low optical loss. Features include:
- low optical loss (<0.2dB) utilising industry standard self aligning ferrules
- interchangeable fibre and electrical contacts
- singlemode and multimode fibre capability
- standard electrical contacts are 16AWG rated at 600VDC and 12A
- the Omega range is offered in 8 shell sizes and can be configured from 1 to 20 contacts
- the standard Omega body material is stainless steel 316 to BS EN 10088 1.4404
- connectors are rated for operation up to 5000m mated and 4000m bulkhead open face
- higher pressure ratings are available on request
These connectors can be terminated to customer specification or supplied for client termination.
Product Data and Specification
- configurations - bulkhead (standard or flange) and inline
- optical loss is <0.2dB at 1310nm or 1550nm (1000 mating cycles)
- return loss is <-30dB
- mating plug is stainless steel 316, naval brass and polyurethane
- pressure (mated) - depth 5000m*
- pressure (open face) - depth 4000m*
*increased pressure rating available. Please contact our Sales Team to discuss your requirements.
Our fibre optic range is manufactured under BS EN ISO 9001:2008 quality standards.
Product Specification documentation (PDFs)
Omega Electro-Optic Underwater Connectors Brochure & Specifications
Special hybrid electro-optical connectors
Omega-Five Series; Omega-Fifty Series