Careers at Teledyne Impulse-PDM
Teledyne Impulse-PDM is a dynamic, successful companyand is involved in creating bespoke engineering solutions for underwater and harsh environments. The Company is extremely proud that many of our employees have been with us for 10, 15, and as long as 20 years, with an annual retention rate consistently above 95%.
- a career in a successful engineering company
- relevant training and development
- competitive remuneration package including; bonus, pension, and health insurance
Please Note: To be considered for a role, applicants must be entitled under current work permit regulations to work for organisations in the EU.
All vacancies listed can be applied for now in the strictest of confidence. We are looking for the right person and therefore any listed vacancy will stay open and advertised here as long as necessary.
Engineering Manager - Alton, UK
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the application and engineering activity at Impulse-PDM as a senior manager, with significant liaison of these actions within the Teledyne Oil & Gas group.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to manage technical staff and provide technical oversight of the design, development and qualification of products including modifications of existing designs as well as new product development efforts.
- Manage the design and development process of products/projects utilizing conventional engineering techniques while following accepted engineering practices, and any relevant design practices in accordance with given requirements.
- Review and approve supporting documentation for designs, including customer specifications and statements of work, assembly and test procedures, engineering drawings and qualification documents utilizing approved standards and best practices.
- Regularly interface with customers, sales team and Project Engineers to develop business in new and existing markets.
- Manage multiple engineering, drafting and project resources in support of multiple programs/projects to ensure accurate, cost effective and timely completion.
- Provide leadership for improving efficiencies in engineering, drafting and production including leading Design for Manufacturability (DFM) efforts.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive training and continuing education programs for engineering staff ensuring continuous professional growth of direct reports.
- Provide a supporting role in coordinating efforts between Teledyne Oil & Gas (TOG) companies in the continued efforts of intercompany product development.
- Ensure that the Engineering department understand and comply with; UK military and US ITAR regulations, Export procedures, and Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA) requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Degree or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in managing engineering groups
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAE (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience in developing subsea interconnection equipment is desired
- Experience with moulding operations and moulded products strongly desired
- Managed project engineering and/or product development teams
Applying for a vacancy
All applications should consist of a CV and a completed application form unless stated otherwise.
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR Department, Teledyne Impulse-PDM, 4-6 Alton Business Centre, Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 2YU.